These terms & conditions are for private customers who book entertainment for a private event.
Please read the following terms & conditions to ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible.
The Hirer – this is you, the customer.
The Act – this is the band, DJ or other musician that you have booked.
The Venue – this is the event venue which is given at the time of booking.
The Event – this is your party, wedding or other gathering.
- Unless otherwise stated The Act will bring all the sound equipment required for The Event.
- The Hirer shall ensure a safe supply of electricity and the security of the musicians and their property at The Venue.
- The Hirer is responsible for providing a suitable stage/performance area for The Act.
- If you require a PAT certificate or Public Liability insurance certificate please email email@example.com for a digital copy in advance.
- If The Venue changes you must give us at least 14 days notice. A venue change may incur a charge, especially if The Venue is a further distance than originally planned.
- The Act will not play in inclement weather for outdoor venues. The Hirer is responsible for providing sufficient overhead coverings.
- The Hirer should provide suitable refreshments for The Act during The Event.
- The Act’s equipment is not for use by any of the guests, unless agreed beforehand.
- The Act typically performs 2 x 45 mins with a 15-30 min break in-between (or 4-5hours if a DJ).
- If you require The Act to play for a different amount of time please make this clear at the time of booking.
- Start and finish times should be given at the time of booking. If they happen to change by 60 minutes or less as The Event approaches please give us at least 14 days notice.
- If the start time alters by more than 60 minutes then you must contact us at least 2 weeks before The Event.
- If on the day you require The Act to perform slightly longer you can arrange this directly with the band at their discretion. An additional charge will apply.
- The Act will have full, unmitigated control of all music services including song choices unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- It is the responsibility of The Hirer to make sure the event runs as planned and on time. A late start does not constitute grounds for a late finish or cancellation. The Agreement is strictly between the agreed hours.
Deposits & Payments
- To secure the booking you must pay a deposit. This is typically £30 and is entirely non-refundable.
- The remaining balance must be paid in full 30 days before The Event. The Hirer can arrange to pay it off early or in monthly payments but this must be agreed at the time of booking.
- When paying by BACS The Hirer should always put your event date as the payment reference, such as “28 April 2025”.
Cancellations By The Performer
- If The Act cancels more than 24 hours notice before The Event you will receive a full refund.
- If The Act cancels within 24 hours of the event we will provide you with a similar replacement with no extra cost.
Cancellations By The Customer
- If you cancel your entertainment within 30 days of the event you will not be entitled to a refund and must pay the full amount.
- If you have not paid in full by 30 days before the event the band/act have the right to cancel.
- If you give Tate Music at least 30 days notice of cancellation we will refund 50% of the total amount, minus the deposit.
- If you are entitled to a refund this will be paid into your account within 60 days from the date you cancelled.
On The Day
- Expect The Act to arrive 1 hour before the performance start time.
- If you require an earlier load in, such as the day before, you will have to pay an additional charge.
- The Act has control of the music choices at all times, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- The Hirer will secure sufficient parking for the act within a reasonably convenient distance to The Venue for a minimum period of 2 hours prior to the event and lasting until 1 hour after the event.